Ridgeway Riding School and Trekking Centre is part of Matlock Farm Park. It offers qualified horse riding lessons as well as pony trekking.
Beautiful Derbyshire Scenery
Enjoy riding in the attractive surroundings of Matlock Farm Park, with views over to Riber Castle. Scenic farmland, adjoining beautiful forests and a new purpose built arena provide extensive riding facilities, there is no need to ride on roads.
Friendly Horses and Well Trained Staff
There is a good selection of well mannered horses and ponies to suit all ages and abilities.
Fully qualified instructors are available for group or private individual lessons. If you would like a lesson or to go pony trekking, then booking is essential.
Although lessons are great for beginners, a basic knowledge is required for Trekking and Hacks. Lessons are available every weekend and most days in the week – Prior Booking is Essential.
The Advantages of Horse Riding
- Riding is one of Britain’s fastest growing sports.
- It is great for fitness and posture, as well as improving confidence and emotional well-being. There’s no better feeling than to be at one riding with your horse!
- It is a great outdoor hobby to have.
- Taking up riding is a great way to meet new friends with a mutual interest. A lot of our old pupils (now with their own horses) regularly go riding together.
- It is a great work ethic for kids and teenagers.
Own a Pony Day
Throughout the year we offer the experience of owning a pony. Your day will include grooming, tacking up, cleaning tack, general pony care, practical horse experience and theory. We ask you to please bring a packed lunch with you. Please keep an eye on our Whats on page or our facebook page for available dates. The recommended minimum age is 4 years and upwards as this is a full day experience, the price includes the entry to the farm park for the rider (plus one accompanying adult with under 16’s).