Ridgeway Riding School and Trekking Centre is part of Matlock Farm Park. It offers qualified riding lessons as well as pony trekking.
Beautiful Derbyshire Scenery
Enjoy riding in the attractive surroundings of Matlock Farm Park, with views over to Riber Castle. Scenic farmland, adjoining beautiful forests and a new purpose built arena provide extensive riding facilities, there is no need to ride on roads.
Friendly Horses and Well Trained Staff
There is a good selection of well mannered horses and ponies to suit all ages and abilities.
Fully qualified instructors are available for group or private individual lessons. If you would like a lesson or to go pony trekking, then booking is essential.
Although lessons are great for beginners, a basic knowledge is required for Trekking and Hacks. Lessons are available every weekend and most days in the week – Prior Booking is Essential.
The Advantages of Horse Riding
- Riding is one of Britain’s fastest growing sports.
- It is great for fitness and posture, as well as improving confidence and emotional well-being. There’s no better feeling than to be at one riding with your horse!
- It is a great outdoor hobby to have.
- Taking up riding is a great way to meet new friends with a mutual interest. A lot of our old pupils (now with their own horses) regularly go riding together.
- It is a great work ethic for kids and teenagers.
Pony Birthday Parties
Groups of up to 6-8 children @ £30/person, including a pony riding experience, a meal in our cafe, horse management lesson, learning to groom/ hoof pick and free entry to Matlock Farm Park for the rest of the day.